People watch millions of hours of video every day on Facebook. The easiest way to capture some of their attention is to pick up your smart phone and start filming.
- How do I upload a video to my Facebook Page?
- What kind of file types can you upload? Almost all types of video files are accepted.
- Your video must be less than 240 minutes long; file sizes up to 10 GB are supported.
Tips and creative best practices
While recording a video from your phone and uploading it can often be the most effective way to quickly share with your fans, take these tips into account if you’re producing something more polished:
- Automatically generate captions for your video after uploading, or include an optional SRT file; this will help you communicate your message even when the sound is off. Learn more.
- Design your video so it can be understood with the sound off — but use sound to add context.
- Keep the video length to 15 seconds or less, and front-load your main message to the first 3 seconds.
- Begin with an attention grabbing image.
- Build vertical or square video.
- Ensure you’re following our design and technical requirements. Learn more.
Take the Blueprint courses:
Live video on Facebook is immediate, authentic and interactive. Live is the best way to interact with viewers in real time. Field their questions, hear what's on their mind and check out their Live Reactions to gauge how your broadcast is going.
Facebook Stories are an easy, lightweight way to share fun, authentic everyday moments with your followers.
Your Page Insights can help you reach the right people, and inform your creative decisions with actionable metrics.
Frames are a fun way for people to show support for things they care about — holidays and causes, but also your campaign or initiative — by adding the Frame to their Profile picture.